About Educational Testing Service (ETS)
Educational Testing Service (ETS) is committed to advancing quality and equity in education for all people worldwide through assessment development, educational research, and policy studies for various programs including GRE, TOEFL, PRAXIS, HiSET. Unify platform of ETS has several components including electronic registration of programs, design assessments, assessments deliveries and score report generation. ETS, with 60+ years of experience and expertise, develops, administers and scores 50 million tests in 180+ countries at more than 9,000 locations worldwide.
ETS was looking for a test automation tool for Unify which was user friendly, quick with image comparisons, supported multiple browser and data driven test cases. The company also wanted an easy to implement and understand framework with reusability and adaptability for execution in different environments. As Unify focused on DevOps Methodology, the most important feature to have in any automation tool was Jenkins Integration. Considering all the above challenges and requirements, Unify moved to Sahi Pro about two and half years ago and have been using it as its preferred Web Test automation tool.
ETS wanted a user friendly test automation test tool for Unify, so that all resources including QA and BA can use it without any specialized training. Unify has used Sahi Pro for testing multiple web applications of different products developed on spring, Hibernate, JSP, HTML, MYSQL, and Angular JS. The company has also integrated Sahi with Jenkins for continuous integration deployment process.
ETS is getting a lot of benefits by using Sahi Pro test automation tool for Unify. The key benefit being the enormous saving in testing effort by regular automation of the execution of test cases, generating a high ROI. Below are some of the other benefits achieved by using SahiPro Web Test Automation tool:
- It is easy to learn and use by the QA team, as it does not need any advanced programming background.
- It has ability to do cross-browser testing.
- It has ability to play scripts on multiple threads in parallel which reduces the run time.
- Sahi Pro has effective reporting dashboard and compare logs feature which helps in comparing execution results from two different versions.
- It can be integrated with third party tools like graphic magic and image magic. Sahi Pro can capture and compare benchmark vs current images and generate difference image which helps in identifying pixel level mismatches.
- Sahi supports distributed run with Master and Slave concept which helps in reducing run time of the scripts.
- It can support adding custom elements to support HTML5 features.
- It has ability to integrate with Jenkins as part of continuous deployments process and makes automation build validations easier.
- A technically strong and proactive Sahi Pro support team, which always supports with accommodating new features/API requests and clarifying doubts.
Sahi Pro simplifies Test Automation so you can invest your time in creative testing.
Click here to download this case study in pdf format.